Anna Friel will only get married if her boyfriend David Thewlis asks her, because she is too traditional to pop the question herself.

Anna Friel will only get married if her boyfriend David Thewlis asks her, because she is too traditional to pop the question herself.

Anna Friel will never propose to her boyfriend.
The 'Pushing Daisies' actress has been with 'Harry Potter' actor David Thewlis - the father of her four-year-old daughter Gracie - for almost 10 years but would only consider marriage if he popped the question.
She said: 'Our relationship is not conventional. He's 13 years older than me. We have our own separate properties and we're not married. He's my best friend. We have great conversations. I can ask him about anything and he'll always have the answer. He's smart and talented, two things that I'm attracted to.
'He's never asked me to marry him. It's never come up. I'm too old-fashioned to ask him. No way does a woman ask a man. I know some people do, but I couldn't.'
Despite being happy now, the 33-year-old beauty insists she was never a hit with the boys when she was at school.
She told InStyle magazine: 'I was a late bloomer. I only had two boyfriends. I lost my virginity at 16 and stayed with that guy for a year-and-a-half. I was with Darren Day for two-and-a-half years, until I was 20. I was single until I was 24 and met David. When I was single, that was when I dated Robbie Williams.
'I wasn't the girl at school who had all the boyfriends. All my friends were boys - but they didn't fancy me. They saw me as a friend and I got used to it.'