Gemma Arterton insists she is ''average'' looking but believes not being beautiful has helped her acting career.

Gemma Arterton insists she is ''average'' looking but believes not being beautiful has helped her acting career.

Gemma Arterton doesn't want to be beautiful.
The 'Quantum of Solace' actress thinks she is 'average looking' but believes her career has been boosted by the fact she doesn't rely on her looks.
She said: 'In comparison to many actresses I think I'm really average. When I got the Bond film there was this big hoo-ha about me not being hot enough. Like, 'Why her?' I have to say, I agree. I don't think I'm in that realm. But I think in a way it might have helped me along.'
The 24-year-old British star - who worked alongside actress Olga Kurylenko in the 22nd James Bond film - feels lucky to be able to change her look when she needs to.
She said: 'There are some really beautiful actresses, like Olga Kurylenko who find it difficult. It's frustrating for her but she's so beautiful that it's almost like someone having a massive nose: you are going to take that into consideration when you're casting her. Whereas I can change my look, I can look plain or I can look dolled up.'
The actress plays a princess in forthcoming action movie 'Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time' and admitted she resented having to work on her appearance to get the part.
She told Britain's GQ magazine: 'I don't agree with what they think is beautiful. I don't think that the tanned, tousled version of me is beautiful, because it's not me. It's someone else. But my opinion against 10 producers' opinions is never going to win. Unless you're really famous and successful, then they're going to bully you into going to the gym. It's a side of the industry that I find uncomfortable.'